The annual Florida/Georgia Hulsey-Gambrell Moot Court Competition begins at 9:30 a.m. Oct. 28 in the ceremonial courtroom at the Bryan Simpson U.S. Courthouse.
Third-year law students from the University of Florida and University of Georgia will argue hypothetical appellate cases before a panel of judges:
• U.S. District Judge Lisa Godbey Wood from the Southern District of Georgia
• U.S. District Judge Stan Baker from the Southern District of Georgia
• U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Patricia Barksdale from the Middle District of Florida
• First District Court of Appeal Judge Harvey Jay III
• Fourth Circuit Judge Waddell Wallace III
Law firms Smith Hulsey & Busey in Jacksonville and Atlanta-based Smith Gambrell & Russell sponsor the event each year the Friday before the Gators vs. Bulldogs football game at TIAA Bank Field.