The 4th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission interviewed 11 applicants Aug. 18 to fill the vacancy on the Duval County Court created by the elevation of Judge Jonathan Sacks to the 4th Judicial Circuit Court.
Following deliberations and consideration of each applicant, the commission nominated six of the applicants to Gov. Ron DeSantis to succeed Sacks:
• Philip Bavington, an assistant state attorney in Clay County.
• Joshua Beard, an assistant public defender in Duval County.
• Marquita Green, a magistrate in Duval County.
• Matthew Lufrano, attorney at Lufrano Legal P.A.
• James Nealis IV, an assistant state attorney in the 7th Judicial Circuit.
• David Wainer III, attorney with Ford, Miller & Wainer in Jacksonville Beach.
DeSantis has 60 days to appoint one of the nominees to the bench, or he may request the commission provide additional nominees for his consideration.