With the elevation of 4th Circuit Judge Adrian Soud to the 5th District Court of Appeal and the retirement of Duval County Judge Roberto Arias, there are vacancies on the circuit and county court benches.
Gov. Ron DeSantis directed the 4th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission to provide him with up to six nominees for each vacancy.
The commission received 18 applications and will interview the applicants Feb. 10:
Time, Applicant, Position
- 9:30 a.m., Marquita Green, County court
- 9:45 a.m., Anne Marie Gennusa, County court
- 10 a.m., Leigh Rosenbloom, County court
- 10:15 a.m., Katelyn Johnston, County court
10:30 a.m. Break
- 10:45 a.m., Trisha N. Laissle, County court
- 11 a.m., Matthew Lufrano, County and circuit court
- 11:15 a.m., Joshua Beard, County and circuit court
- 11:30 a.m., Adina Pollan, County and circuit court
11:45 a.m. Lunch/deliberations
- 1 p.m., Galen Bauer, County and circuit court
- 1:15 p.m., Jordan Beard, County and circuit court
- 1:30 p.m., Nancy Cleaveland, County and circuit court
- 1:45 p.m., Brooke Brady, County and circuit court
2 p.m. Break
- 2:15 p.m., David Wainer III, County and circuit court
- 2:30 p.m., Rose Marie Preddy, Circuit court
- 2:45 p.m., Jonathan Sacks, Circuit court
- 3 p.m., Hector Murcia-Bustos, Circuit Court
3:15 p.m. Break
- 3:30 p.m., Geraldine C. Hartin, Circuit court
- 3:45 p.m., Thomas Smith, Circuit court
4 p.m. Deliberations resume
Interviews will be conducted in Chief Judge Mark Mahon’s chambers at the Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
Proceedings are open to the public except for deliberations.