With the announced retirement of District Court of Appeal Judge Kerry Evander, there is one vacancy to be filled on the 5th District Court of Appeal.
The Judicial Nominating Commission for the 5th DCA interviewed nine applicants Feb. 6 at the 5th DCA Courthouse in Daytona Beach.
After deliberations and consideration of each applicant, the commission nominated six candidates to Gov. Ron DeSantis:
• 4th Circuit Judge Jeb T. Branham in Jacksonville.
• 4th Circuit Judge Meredith Charbula in Jacksonville.
• 7th Circuit Judge Christopher Kelly in DeLand.
• Jordan Pratt, senior counsel at First Liberty Institute in Washington, D.C.
• 4th Circuit Judge Tatiana Salvador in Jacksonville.
• 18th Circuit Judge Christopher Sprysenski in Sanford.
Each candidate will be interviewed in Tallahassee by governor’s office staff. DeSantis has 60 days to appoint one of the nominees or ask the commission to provide a new list of nominees.