Development Today: City approves $23.3 million apartment conversion of Independent Life Building
These are the largest commercial building permits by job cost issued March 13, 2023, by the city of Jacksonville.
| 12:00 a.m. March 15, 2023
- City of Jacksonville, 1093 W. Sixth St., contractor is Warden Contracting Corp., install fire-rated wall to divide space in the Emmett Reed Community Center, $56,503.
- Independent Life Building, 233 W. Duval St., contractor is DFI General Contractors LLC, convert a portion of historic former office building to 135-unit apartments, $23.3 million.
- City of Jacksonville, 4727 Lannie Road, contractor is Auld & White Constructors LLC, 10,034 square feet, three permits for Fire Station No. 47, storage and fire pump buildings, $4.35 million.
- Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road S., contractor is The Robins & Morton Group, 250,000 square feet, construct five-story patient tower above existing eight-story building, $60.27 million.
- RadiFi Credit Union, 7254 103rd St., contractor is Taylor Sign & Design Inc., two wall signs, $36,000.
- Villas at Bishop Oaks, 10609 Waterfield Road, contractor is Taylor Sign & Design Inc., monument sign, $24,000.
- RadiFi Credit Union, 9802 Old Baymeadows Road, contractor is Taylor Sign & Design Inc., wall sign, $15,464.
- RadiFi Credit Union, 1440 Dunn Ave., No. 31, contractor is Taylor Sign & Design Inc., wall sign, $7,900.
- Greene Emerald Med Spa, 11512 Lake Mead Ave., No. 530, contractor is Taylor Sign & Design Inc., wall sign, $4,000.
- Claire’s, 13159 City Center Blvd., No. 100, contractor is A Superior Signs Inc., wall sign, $2,000.
- Laser Hair Removal. Body Sculpting. Injectables, 4866 Big Island Drive, No. 5, contractor is Thompson Awning & Shutter Co., awning sign, $1,900.