The state Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission is seeking qualified applicants to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Justice Ricky Polston effective March 31.
The judicial application may be obtained from the Governor’s Judicial Nominations website at: flgov.com/judicial-and-judicial-nominating-commission-information/.
Applicants must submit an original electronic copy of the application (including all attachments) in PDF format and a redacted electronic copy of the application (including all attachments), which excludes all material that is exempt or confidential under applicable public records laws, also in PDF format.
Both the original and redacted electronic applications must be submitted electronically to all commission members at their email addresses below before 5 p.m. on April 3.
The members serving on the Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission are:
• Chair Fred Karlinsky, Weston, [email protected]
• Vice Chair Jesse M. Panuccio, Palm Beach Gardens, [email protected]
• Cynthia G. Angelos, Port St. Lucie, [email protected]
• Daniel Nordby, Tallahassee, [email protected]
• Hala A. Sandridge, Tampa, [email protected]
• Heather Stearns, Tallahassee, [email protected]
• Jeanne T. Tate, Tampa, [email protected]
• Harout Samra, Coral Gables, [email protected]
• Tim Cerio, Tallahassee, [email protected]
The commission prefers submission of applications in a searchable (i.e., nonscanned) pdf format.
After the deadline for submitting applications, the commission will determine which applicants to interview. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted to confirm the date, time and location. It is anticipated that interviews will take place April 12 in Orlando.