The 4th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission interviewed 10 applicants for the vacancy created by the retirement of Circuit Judge Don Lester and submitted six nominees to Gov. Ron DeSantis on Oct. 26.
• Jordan Beard is an assistant public defender in Jacksonville who joined the office in 2012.
• Joshua Beard is an assistant public defender in Jacksonville who joined the office in 2013.
• Marquita Green is a magistrate in the 4th Judicial Circuit who graduated from Florida State University College of Law in 2009.
• L.E. Hutton is the chief assistant state attorney for the 4th Judicial Circuit and a 1997 graduate of the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
• Matthew Lufrano, owner and shareholder at Lufrano Legal PA in Jacksonville and a 2009 graduate of the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
• David Wainer, a partner with Ford, Miller & Wainer in Jacksonville Beach who graduated from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 1995.
Each nominee now will be interviewed by the governor’s staff in Tallahassee. DeSantis has 60 days to appoint one of the nominees or he may request additional candidates from the commission.