Governor appoints Michelle Bedoya Barnett, Jay Demetree, Daniel Bean and Ed Fleming to boards.
Promotions, hirings and happenings for business people in Northeast Florida. Send items to [email protected]
• Laura DiBella resigned as executive director of the Nassau County Economic Development Board to become executive director of the Florida Harbor Pilots Association based in Tallahassee. As the economic development director, DiBella also served as port director of the Ocean Highway and Port Authority of Nassau County. In her letters of resignation, she said she would stay on as long as needed. She joined in October 2014.
• Carlton Construction hired Charles Garrison as business development manager to lead the sales and marketing team, while serving as the main contact for client relationships. Carlton is a residential and commercial builder. Garrison serves on the Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission.
• Gov. Ron DeSantis appointed Michelle Bedoya Barnett to a vacancy on the seven-member Jacksonville Aviation Authority board of directors, replacing Teresa Davlantes, whose second term expired this month. Mayor Lenny Curry also reappointed Jay Demetree, the recent chair, for a second four-year term on the JAA board.
Barnett is an attorney and a founding shareholder with Alexander, DeGance, Barnett. She previously was with Holland & Knight.
Demetree is president and CEO of Demetree Brothers Inc., a Jacksonville-based real estate developer and property manager.
Barnett’s appointment is subject to confirmation by the Florida Senate and Demetree’s reappointment is subject to confirmation by the City Council.
• Aaron Kleist joined Central Bank as president of the Northeast Florida market. He is responsible for growing deposits and loans, with a focus on commercial real estate loans. Kleist was vice president of commercial lending at CenterState Bank.
• Governor Ron DeSantis appointed Daniel Bean and reappointed Ed Fleming to four-year terms on the Jacksonville Port Authority board of directors. Daniel Bean is a partner with Abel Bean Law P.A. Ed Fleming retired in 2010 as CEO and president of Atlantic Marine. Confirmation is required by the Florida Senate.