Companies are expanding with locations throughout the area.
Drivers looking for gas, food, convenience items or a car wash will find more options in the coming months.
Just in the past several weeks, companies filed plans for more projects. Here are a few.
Daily’s stations in review
• Kernan: First Coast Energy LLP applied for permits to build a Daily’s gas station and convenience store at 4986 Kernan Blvd. S. The Jacksonville-based company intends to build a 6,320-square-foot store, car wash and trash enclosure at a listed cost of $595,000 on 2.85 acres. C.& R. General Contractors Inc. is listed as the contractor. Robert Wulburn Architect is the architect.
• Mandarin: First Coast Energy LLP also was issued a mobility fee calculation certificate and conditional capacity availability statement to develop a Daily’s gas station and convenience store at 3044 Marbon Road and San Jose Boulevard. The 6,400-square-foot building, 24 gas pumps and a car wash are planned on 5.49 acres. The city calculated a mobility fee of $234,662 to mitigate the traffic impact. England-Thims & Miller Inc. is the civil engineer.
Wawas move forward
• Philips: Wawa was OK’d for construction in Southside at 5735 Philips Highway. M.E. Construction Inc. of West Melbourne is the contractor for the 6,119-square-foot convenience store and gas station on 2.13 acres at a cost of $888,000.
• Beach: Wawa also landed permits for a 6,119-square-foot store on 1.6 acres at 13363 Beach Blvd. M.E. Construction Inc. is the contractor for the project, totaling $1.1 million for the store, canopy and dumpster enclosure.
• Gate Parkway: Wawa applied for permits to build a store, gas canopy and dumpster enclosure at 7790 Gate Parkway at a cost of $1.1 million. No contractor is listed for the project, planned on part of a 13.31-acre site. The property, at northwest Gate Parkway and Point Meadows Drive, is referred to as Gate Point Meadows in some documents. The five-parcel site will include a furniture store, self-storage, Wawa, and two commercial buildings.
• St. Augustine: Wawa intends to build at 2498 U.S. 1 in St. Augustine. TVC Highway One Co. LLC of West Bloomfield, Michigan, is the owner and developer. Bohler Engineering is the civil engineer. The 6,119-square-foot project is planned on 1.8 acres. It seeks St. Johns River Water Management District permitting.
Circle K in St. Johns County
• St. Augustine: St. Johns County issued a permit for construction of a 5,314-square-foot Circle K gas station and convenience store at a cost of $500,000 at 6750 U.S. 1 S. in St. Augustine.
Gate adding car washes
• Mandarin: Gate Express Carwash is building at 11533 Old St. Augustine Road, at Barkoskie Road. The city approved permits for North Coast Construction Co. to build a 5,089-square-foot car wash and pay station on 2.55 acres at a cost of $1.75 million. The city previously issued mobility fee and concurrency reservation certificates for the project. The city calculated a mobility fee of $28,989 to mitigate the traffic impact. An existing 1,236-square-foot church building will be demolished. Prosser Inc. is the civil engineer.
• Oakleaf: Gate Express Car Wash also is taking steps to develop a 4,350-square-foot location on 1.01 acres at Argyle Forest Boulevard and Old Middleburg Road in Southwest Jacksonville. CPH Inc. is the civil engineer. The St. Johns River Water Management District gave notice that it intended to grant a permit for the project.
• Beach: Gate Express Car Wash applied to the St. Johns River Water Management District to build a 4,362-square-foot buildilng on 1.38 acres at 10913 Beach Blvd., at Leon Road. BFC Property Holdings Inc. is the property owner and Prosser Inc. is the civil engineer.