The group will be mentored by community leaders.
Seventeen young professionals from a variety of industries comprise the 4th annual class of the Hightower Emerging Leaders Fellowship.
The fellowship is named for Mike Hightower. As JAX Chamber chair in 2009, Hightower helped launch ImpactJAX, the Chamber’s young professional organization
The fellowship connects class members with community leaders.
The 2020 class is:
• Jacob Benton, general manager, Champion Brands
• Stevan Brown, co-owner and director of public relations, Hotel Palms
• Daniel Burkhardt, senior vice president, NAI Hallmark
• Anne Detlefsen, director of digital content, PGA TOUR
• Kyle Dorsey, vice president of operations, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville and Wolfson Children's Hospital
• Bill Hoff, Healthcare for Homeless Veterans outreach coordinator, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
• Alvin Kennedy, co-founder and business manager, Total Foot Care & Wellness Clinic
• Whitney Meyer, director, Community Alliance for Student Success and Fearless Woman Initiative, University of North Florida
• Jack Moran, assistant state attorney, 4th Judicial Circuit
• Jason Peoples, executive director, Jacksonville Arts and Music School
• Belkis Plata, managing partner, Plata Schott Attorneys & Counselors at Law
• Sarah Small, vice president of membership, sales and marketing, Gate Hospitality Group
• Tierney Suggs, human resources business partner, Stein Mart Inc.
• Will Tutwiler, director of development projects, Jacksonville Jaguars
• Heather Walton, operations manager for Neurology and Integrative Medicine, Mayo Clinic
• Erika Weitz, president, Latin Community Services Inc.
• Amber Wilson, executive director, American Heart Association
Tyler Mathews of England-Thims & Miller and a 2017 Hightower alumnus will chair the 2020 Hightower Fellowship Board. Liam O’Reilly of GreenPointe Holdings and a 2018 Hightower Fellowship alumnus is vice chair of the board.
Other members of the 2020 Hightower Fellowship board:
• Lauren Braddock, SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra, Mandarin and St. Augustine, 2019 Hightower Fellow
• Christopher Conner, Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, 2018 Hightower Fellow
• Andrew Kisz, Ernst & Young, Hightower Fellowship founding member
• Thomas Lee IV, Lee & Cates Glass, Hightower Fellowship founding member
• Ashley Pratt, Mayo Clinic, 2019 Hightower Fellow
• Gracie Simendinger, Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry Inc., 2017 Hightower Fellow
• Nwabufo “Obi” Umunna, Umunna Legal Group, 2019 Hightower Fellow
• Christopher Warren, University of North Florida, Hightower Fellowship founding member