Corporate growth experts remain bullish about increased revenues this year.
The Association for Corporate Growth North Florida chapter surveyed members and guests at a meeting last week and 29 responded.
Looking at the majority of responses, they also expect to expand their territories, products and services in the next three years, but they donít expect to raise capital.
“These results show that our poll participants have a strong belief that their respective businesses will fare well in 2012, said group President Michael Kirwan, a partner in the Foley & Lardner law firms Jacksonville office.
“Hopefully, the optimism of our poll participants means our local economy will have a prosperous 2012,” he said.
While a strong 90 percent of the respondents said they anticipated their business will increase revenues in the next 12 months, that’s lower than the October survey, when 100 percent of the respondents said they believed their business would increase revenues in 2012.
Last week’s survey also showed that respondents expect their revenues will increase because of internal growth while several also said they would grow through acquisition or merger.
The results are not scientific but they do provide insights into the perspective of those who spend money to make money.
Association for Corporate Growth members consist of private equity professionals, investment bankers, attorneys, auditors, accountants, lenders, corporate development officers, company leaders and other
financial professionals .
Among the responses from the January survey:
• Do you believe your business will acquire or merge with another business in the next three years?
The results were almost split down the middle. While 46 percent said yes, 53 percent said no.
• Do you believe your business will raise capital in the next three years?
Forty percent said yes and 60 percent said no.
• Do you believe your business will enter a new geographic market in the next three years?
The majority, at 68 percent, said they would. The remaining 32 percent said they would not.
• Do you believe your business will offer a new product or service in the next three years?
A strong majority, 90 percent, said they would and 10 percent said they would not.
The Association for Corporate Growth North Florida chapter, which has 90 members, is part of the global organization founded in 1954. The association has 56 chapters in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia.