Promotions, hirings and happenings for business people in Northeast Florida. Send items to [email protected]
• Gilberto “Gil” Balli was named assistant special agent in charge of the FBI Jacksonville Resident Agency branch. He will oversee all operations in seven FBI offices in Daytona Beach, Ocala, Gainesville, Tallahassee, Panama City, Fort Walton and Pensacola.
• Orange Park Medical Center, an HCA Healthcare affiliate, named Pete Long-Innes as chief operating officer of Orange Park Medical Center. He most recently was COO of Frankfort (Kentucky) Regional Medical Center, also an HCA affiliate. He has 12 years of experience within HCA Healthcare.
• At-Large Group 1 City Council member Terrance Freeman joined Read USA as its first full-time CEO. Read USA is a nonprofit that has provided a quarter of a million free books to more than 73,000 children in Duval County since 2011.
• The University of North Florida named Karen B. Patterson as provost and vice president of academic affairs. She has served as interim provost and vice president since Sept. 20. She has been at UNF since 1999, serving in roles that include associate vice president for faculty development, dean of undergraduate studies and associate vice president for faculty resources.
• Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry appointed Memorial Hospital President and CEO Bradley Talbert to the JaxPort board of directors. City Council unanimously approved the appointment April 13.
• Bankruptcy Finance and Legal Manager Michael Weathers will be in charge of handling client files and related court and lending compliance issues for the new Jacksonville office of Bankruptcy Auto Advisors LLC.
• Melissa Smith has been promoted to vice president – finance and DeLynn Zebouni was promoted to vice president – human resources at bestbet Jacksonville & Orange Park.
• Cmdr. Juan Rosario assumed the role of director for administration at Naval Hospital Jacksonville. He previously served as executive assistant for operations plans and readiness at the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery.
• Bolles Associate Head of School Mike Drew announced Natalia Aycart as the Bolles director for global learning and engagement, a new position. Previous roles include the global learning and multicultural affairs coordinator and foreign language educator at St. Paul’s Episcopal Day School in Kansas City, Missouri.
• Shannon Blankinship becomes executive director of Riverside Avondale Preservation on May 17. She currently is advocacy director of St. Johns Riverkeeper and last year became chair of Resilient Jax. She succeeds Warren Jones, who is retiring.
• The Jacksonville Arboretum & Botanical Gardens board of directors elected two new members for 2021 and hired a volunteer coordinator. New board members are Susan Carr, program manager for the North Florida Land Trust, and R. Dean Scott, president of R. Dean Scott Architect Inc. Marti Schmidt was hired as the arboretum’s first full-time volunteer coordinator.
• Baptist Health announced two new board chairs and new members of the Baptist Health, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center South, Baptist Medical Center Nassau and Wolfson Children’s Hospital boards of directors.
Cleve Warren was appointed to the Baptist Health System board. He is chief investment officer for Florida State College at Jacksonville.
Rachael Tutwiler Fortune, president of the Jacksonville Public Education Fund, and Marsha Oliver, vice president of community and inclusion at the PGA Tour, were appointed to Baptist Jacksonville’s board.
Michael Diaz was named the Baptist Jacksonville board chair. He is co-founder and CFO of St. Augustine Distillery Co. and chair of FabTech Supply.
Marcy Stoudt joined the Baptist South board. She is CEO of Revel Coach.
Michael Ammiano joined the Baptist Nassau board. He is senior vice president and commercial account director at Harden, a Gallagher Company.
Michael DuBow was named the board chair for Wolfson Children’s Hospital. He is a trustee with the Community Foundation for Northeast Florida and vice president of the Jacksonville Jewish Center board of directors.
• Savannah Feustel joined the Jewish Federation & Foundation of Northeast Florida as marketing assistant.