The Jacksonville City Council Rules Committee unanimously approved the appointments of three new members and the reappointment of one member of the Downtown Investment Authority board of directors and a new member to the Jacksonville Port Authority board.
The committee met Nov. 20.
• Incumbent DIA board member Jim Citrano will replace Oliver Barakat as the board’s banking or finance industry representative with a second full term ending June 30, 2027.
• Patrick Krechowski’s appointment for a term ending June 30, 2027, was approved to succeed Citrano as the board’s representative having substantial business interests in the Northbank.
Krechowski, an attorney and partner at Balch & Bingham Downtown, also is a member of the Urban Land Institute advisory board and the Visit Jacksonville board of directors.
• Jessie Ball duPont Fund Director of Placemaking Sondra Fetner was approved to replace David Ward for a term ending June 30, 2027.
Fetner is a member of the Cultural Service Grant Program Committee, the Downtown Vision Inc. board, the Riverside Avondale Preservation board and the Urban Land Institute.
• Micah Heavener, COO of Universal Ledger Holdings Inc., will replace Joshua Garrison on the DIA board for a partial term ending June 30, 2026.
Heavener previously was head of operations at SoFi Technology.
• The committee also unanimously approved Thomas Slater to replace Jamie Shelton on the Jacksonville Port Authority board for a term ending Sept. 30, 2027.
Slater is a partner at the Pajcic & Pajcic law firm and a member of the Pace Center for Girls board of directors.
All of the appointments will be on Council’s Nov. 28 consent agenda.