Long, Switzer joine North Florida Land Trust board; Levine leaves.
Promotions, hirings and happenings for business people in Northeast Florida. Send items to [email protected]
• Aubrey Edge was appointed to a seven-year term on the State University System board of governors by Gov. Ron DeSantis. Edge is president and CEO of Jacksonville-based Petro Services Inc. and First Coast Energy LLP, a gasoline and convenience store management provider, including the Daily’s chain. The appointment is subject to Florida Senate confirmation.
• Lawanda Ravoira, who founded the Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center organization in 2013, will move March 1 to the role of president emeritus and focus on expanding the agency’s public policy and advocacy work. Senior Vice President Inderjit Vicky Basra, who has been with the policy center since June 2013, will succeed Ravoira as president and CEO.
• Melissa Long and Ryan Switzer joined the North Florida Land Trust board of directors to serve three-year terms.
Long is chief of the city Environmental Quality Division, focusing on surface and groundwater, along with air, tanks, hazardous waste and petroleum cleanup. Switzer is a licensed sales associate with Cantrell & Morgan where he focuses on commercial retail properties throughout the Southeast. Both board positions are new and expand the nonprofit land conservation organization’s board to 13 members.
• Adam Levine is leaving the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens on April 24, a year after taking over as the George and Kathleen Gibbs director and CEO. He will return to Ohio to become director of the Toledo Museum of Art, where he previously served as deputy director and curator of ancient art.
• Trent Baalke joined the Jacksonville Jaguars as director of player personnel. Baalke was a football operations consultant. He was general manager of the San Francisco 49ers from 2011-16.
• Board installed: The First Coast Manufacturers Association installed its 2020 board of directors comprising representatives of member companies Auld & White Constructors, Carlisle Interconnect Technologies, Dupuy Silo Facility LLC, Florida Power & Light Co., Georgia-Pacific Corp., Harbinger, IFF Chemical Holdings, Johnson & Johnson Vision, Johnson Controls Inc., Kaman Aerospace, Miller Electric Co., Nu-Trend Plastics, Proforma Northpoint, Progressive Power Products, Rulon International, Smith Gambrell & Russell and Vac-Con, Inc.
Be the first to know the latest breaking news and information that business leaders rely on in this fast-paced changing Northeast Florida economy. Regional business news, trends and statistics needed to grow your business. Key upcoming events you won’t want to miss and much more. Click Here to Grow your Business NOW!