About 14,000 Jacksonville businesses, churches and organizations received federal Paycheck Protection Program loans, according to Small Business Administration data released July 6.
Most of those, about 12,000, received loans of less than $150,000.
About 1,800 Jacksonville businesses received loans for more than $150,000. The limit for a PPP loan is $10 million.
The names of companies that borrowed less than $150,000 were not disclosed, but the names of those that borrowed more were made public. The loans are forgivable if businesses meet certain requirements.
The PPP is an SBA loan designed to keep employees on the payroll. It can be forgiven if employees remain on the payroll and the funds are used for eligible expenses, such as payroll costs, interest on mortgages, rent and utilities.
President Donald Trump signed the PPP extension July 4, reopening the program for applications until Aug. 8.
The full set of data are available at https://sba.app.box.com/s/tvb0v5i57oa8gc6b5dcm9cyw7y2ms6pp
The Jacksonville Daily Record’s parent company, Sarasota-based Observer Media Group, received $1.6 million from the program. Daily Record & Observer LLC received $462,000 of the $1.6 million.
Here are the largest loans that went to Jacksonville-based businesses:
$5 million-$10 million
- Enhanced Recovery Company LLC
- KLS-Martin LP
- Nextran Corp.
- Physicians Group Services PA
- Stein Mart Inc.
- Vesta Property Services Inc.
- The Ware Group LLC
$2 million-$5 million
- Acme Barricades LLC
- Auld & White Constructors LLC
- Beaver Street Fisheries Inc.
- Celebration Church of Jacksonville Inc.
- Brightway Insurance Inc.
- England, Thims & Miller Inc.
- Farah & Farah PA
- Florida Proton Therapy Institute Inc.
- Load King Manufacturing Co.
- Morgan & Morgan Jacksonville Management Inc.
- Rogers Towers PA
- Rowe’s IGA Management LLC
- The Bolles School
- The Jacksonville Zoological Society Inc.
$1 million-$2 million
- The Church of Eleven22 Inc.
- The Dalton Agency Inc.
- Danis Building Investments LLC
- Edward Waters College Inc.
- Finxact Inc.
- Firehouse of America LLC
- Forcura LLC
- Harden & Associates Inc.
- Jacksonville Symphony Association Inc.
- The Kenyon Company LLC
- Live Oak Contracting LLC
- Made In Space Inc.
- Omni Jacksonville Corp.
- Sleiman Holdings Inc.
- Smith Hulsey & Busey
$350,000- $1 million
- Ackerman Cancer Center PA
- Black Sheep LLC
- Bono’s of America Inc.
- Cowford Chophouse
- Driver, McAfee, Hawthorne & Diebenow PLLC
- Far East Brokers & Consultants Inc.
- Firehouse Restaurant Group Inc.
- First Baptist Church of Jacksonville
- Impact Church of Jacksonville Inc.
- Jacksonville Spine Center PA
- JWB Property Management LLC
- Office Environments & Services Inc.
- Perry-McCall Construction Inc.
- Restaurant Orsay Inc.
- The PARC Group Inc.
- WJCT Inc.
- We Love Avondale Mellow LLC
- Biscottis Espresso Cafe Inc.
- Black Sheep Downtown LLC
- Bold Bean Retailers Inc.
- Group 4 Design Inc.
- H. Stephen Jones and Associates Inc.
- Hakimian Holdings Inc.
- JWB Real Estate Capital LLC
- Law Offices of John M. Phillips LLC
- Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville Inc.
- Museum of Science and History Jacksonville Inc.
- NAI/Hallmark Partners LLC
- The Bearded Pig LLC
- Tim Tebow Foundation Inc.
- Wingard LLC