The Jacksonville 2020 Host Committee announced June 23 that three members joined the group preparing the city for the Republican National Convention.
The group is preparing the city for the Aug. 24-27 event Downtown that will culminate with the nomination and acceptance speech by President Donald Trump at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena.
Joining the group are Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody, Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis and Jacksonville City Council member Leanna Cumber.
“The opportunities this convention will bring to our small businesses and tourism industry will have immediate and long term impacts for the people of Jacksonville,” Cumber said in a news release.
The announcement included an updated list of committee membership.
No longer included are UF Health Jacksonville CEO Dr. Leon Haley Jr. and The Potter’s House International Ministries founder Vaughn McLaughlin.
A UF Health spokesperson said June 23 Haley is leaving the host committee but intends to provide health and safety protocol guidance for the event.
McLaughlin said in a video Facebook message June 19 that he was “shocked” to see his name among the list of committee members and never agreed to be part of the nonprofit group.
Here is the updated membership list:
Jacksonville 2020 Host Committee
• Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry
• Brian Ballard, Ballard Partners president
lawmakers and government officials
• U.S. Rep. John Rutherford, R-Jacksonville
• U.S. Rep. Michael Waltz, R-Boynton Beach
• Florida Senate President Bill Galvano, R-Bradenton
• Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody, R-Plant City
• Florida House Speaker Jose Oliva, R-Miami-Dade
• Florida Senate President-designate Wilton Simpson, R-Trilby
• Florida House Speaker-designate Chris Sprowls, R-Palm Harbor
• Florida Senate Appropriations Chair Rob Bradley, R-Orange Park
• Florida House Appropriations Chair Travis Cummings, R-Fleming Island
• Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis, R-Panama City
• District 5 Jacksonville City Council member Leanna Cumber
Community and business leaders
• Fernando Acosta Rua, Pet Paradise president and CEO
• Andy Allen, Corner Lot Properties CEO
• Max Alvarez, Sunshine Gasoline Distributors founder and president
• John Baker, FRP Holdings Inc. chairman and CEO and JEA board of directors chair
• Pam Bondi, Ballard Partners Corporate Regulatory Compliance chair and former Florida Attorney General
• Ed Burr, GreenPointe Holdings LLC president and CEO
• Robert Coker, U.S. Sugar senior vice president, public affairs
• Michael Corrigan, Visit Jacksonville president and CEO
• J. David and Jodi Coxwell, J.B. Coxwell Contracting president
• Daniel Davis, JAX Chamber president and CEO
• Carol Dover, Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association president and CEO
• Nat Ford, Jacksonville Transportation Authority CEO
• Josh Garrison, Miranda Contracting president
• Rick Morales, Morales Construction Co. president
• Tom Petway, Jacksonville business and civic leader
• Ty Petway, US Assure CEO
• John Rood, The Vestcor Companies founder
• Kent Stermon, Total Military Management, COO
• Aundra Wallace, JAXUSA Partnership president