- December 4, 2018
Promotions, hirings and happenings for business people in Northeast Florida. Send items to [email protected]
• VyStar Credit Union hired Vasu Sambasivam as a senior vice president and promoted William Barefield to senior vice president, IT service delivery.
Sambasivam oversees the digital engineering, software development and enterprise architecture teams. He spent 25 years in IT at organizations such as Goldman Sachs, Raymond James Financial and Zions Bancorporation.
Barefield is responsible for managing and delivering VyStar’s technology and business plan initiatives to expand services available to members. He has more than 25 years of experience in information technology.
• First Coast No More Homeless Pets appointed David Arias as chief development officer. He will work with donors and guide fundraising, volunteer services and communications. Arias most recently was executive director of the Shelby Humane Society in Alabama.
• The Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Florida board of governors extended the contract of CEO Paul Martinez for five years. Martinez will continue to lead the organization through 2026. He joined as CEO in 2015, expanded the organization’s reach from 13 clubs to 38 clubs, opened the Citi Teen Center in Springfield, and started Camp Deep Pond.
• Hale Wise Jr. joined Intrepid Private Wealth as an associate research analyst to focus on high-yield fixed income investment research. Wise recently graduated from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics.
• The Clay County Board of County Commissioners voted to begin contract negotiations with Heather Boucher as the next Clay County Commission auditor. Boucher was chosen from three finalists interviewed in a public forum Aug. 14. Her start date is to be determined. Boucher served as a senior auditor with CSX for more than five years. Before that, she was a senior internal auditor for EverBank and an enterprise risk services consultant for Deloitte & Touche.
• The NAI Hallmark commercial real estate brokerage and property management firm promoted Luke Feldman and Patrick Carney to senior associates. Feldman joined NAI Hallmark in 2017 after receiving a master’s in real estate from the University of Florida. He specializes in the sale and acquisition of value-add investment properties. Carney joined NAI Hallmark in 2017 after receiving a bachelor’s in marketing from the University of North Florida. He specializes in office leasing and landlord and tenant representation.
• Bleu Hilburn returns Aug. 31 to Crowley Solutions as vice president of business development for all government services. Hilburn played a role in Crowley’s bid to land the U.S. Transportation Command’s Defense Freight Transportation Services contract in 2016-17. He joined Crowley in 2012 after a career in the U.S. Army as a transportation and logistics officer. Before rejoining Crowley, Hilburn was vice president of business development at New Jersey-based American Roll-on Roll-off Carrier Group.
• CBRE announced it promoted Marc Scaffe to managing director of property management for all Florida markets. He previously led property management for CBRE in North Florida. In his expanded role, Scaffe is responsible for more than 34 million square feet of properties under management by CBRE, 70 professional team members and 50 engineers.